Arab WoorldArab Woorld  الرئيسيةالرئيسية  اليوميةاليومية  س .و .جس .و .ج  بحـثبحـث  قائمة الاعضاءقائمة الاعضاء  المجموعاتالمجموعات  التسجيلالتسجيل  دخولدخول  

الأحد 24 مايو 2015, 08:25
The philosopher who studies the experience of coffee
معلومات العضو
الكاتب:
اللقب:
الادارة العليا
الرتبه:
الادارة العليا
الصورة الرمزية

البيانات
المتصفح : Google Chrome
الإقامة : Republic of Tunisia
عدد المساهمات : 25362
نقاط : 103330827
تقييم : 7839
تاريخ الميلاد : 14/01/1990
تاريخ التسجيل : 11/02/2012
العمر : 26

الإتصالات
الحالة:
وسائل الإتصال:
معاينة صفحة البيانات الشخصي للعضو http://www.arabwoorld.com
إعلانات

Is coffee much deeper than it appears? David Robson meets a philosopher who certainly thinks so – he's attempting to use the drink to probe the human mind.

It’s like I’m drinking the dying embers of a log-fire – smoky and tinged with the tang of creosote. As I concentrate harder, I notice its smooth, viscous texture that seems to mask a sharper undertone – like a blade cloaked in velvet.
I’ve never paid so much attention to a cup of coffee in my life. I’m not sure I’ve grasped its secrets just yet. But if I do, I’m told it might just offer me a glimpse of some of the big questions in life.
My guide on this journey is David Berman at Trinity College Dublin – a philosopher who has spent many hours studying the intricacies of the mind’s inner working and the senses. Now he’s turned his attention to his favourite drink, and the profound answers that might be lurking at the bottom of our coffee cup. The result will be a new book, The Philosophy of Coffee-tasting.
Armed with a strong Americano – and an open mind – I ask him to lead me through some of his thoughts. The conversation that follows will explore the values of introspection and why coffee and tea drinkers are fundamentally different people.

المصدر: Arab Woorld

الــرد الســـريـع

مواضيع ذات صلة

القسم العام :: 

المنتدى العام